General Guidelines for Golf Course Lawn Care
- Mowing- mowed daily at height conducive to conditions; altering directions daily.
Pin Locations will be changed daily.
- Aerification- core aerification as needed to provide healthy turf; deep aerifiction performed once during growing season.
- Verticutting/Spiking- performed as needed throughout the growing season.
- Fertilization- greens grade fertilizer and liquid fertilizer supplement will be applied based upon soil and tissue analysis, growing season, and agronomic experience.
- Top Dressing- performed as needed throughout the growing season and accompanying aerification and verticutting with material that meets existing soil profile analysis.
- Weed Management- pre and post emergent herbicides will be used to maintain a virtually weed free environment.
- Disease Management- preventative and curative fungicides will be used to maintain healthy turf.
- Pest Management- Integrated Pest Management Program will be dictated by insect activity.
- Mowing- mowed a minimum of three days a week. Dependent upon weather conditions and time of year.
- Tee Set Up- daily rotation of markers to coincide with pin placements to provide uniform yardages. Trash receptacles and ball washers will be maintained daily.
- Aerification- all tees will be aerified a minimum of three times per year.
- Verticutting/ Spiking- performed as needed throughout the growing season.
- Fertilization- granular and liquid fertilizers will be applied throughout growing seasons based upon soil analysis.
- Topdressing- performed as needed throughout the growing season and accompanying aerification and verticutting. Divots are to be maintained on a daily basis.
- Weed Management- pre and post emergent herbicides as well as mechanical controls will be used to maintain a virtually weed free turf.
- Insect Management- Integrated Pest Management Program will be dictated by insect activity.
- Overseeding- all tees will be seeded with a perennial rye grass blend at recommended rates. Additional seed will be applied as needed throughout the winter months.
- Mowing- fairways will be mowed a minimum of three times per week during the growing season (subject to weather conditions) and as needed during the winter months. Growth regulators can be used to keep the turf in manageable conditions.
- Aerification- all fairways will be aerified twice per growing season. Additional aerification will be determined by agronomic consideration.
- Verticutting- performed as needed to maintain proper thatch levels.
- Fertilization- granular and liquid fertilizer application will be based on soil and tissue analysis and time of year.
- Pest Management- Integrated Pest Management Program will be dictated by insect activity.
- Raking- mechanical raking will take place daily.
- Edging- to insure a manicured appearance the bunkers will be edged every two weeks during the growing season.
- Mowing- maintaining bunker faces one time per week during growing season.
- Pruning of all trees and plant material under 15 feet will be done on an annual basis to insure good health and appearance.
- Damaged tree removal and trees greater than 15 feet will be performed by a licensed Arborist.
- Clean Up-golf course and clubhouse grounds will be policed daily for trash and debris.
- Weed Management- plant beds and tree rings shall be maintained virtually weed free using both chemicals applied by licensed applicator and mechanical controls.
- Insect/Disease Management- Integrated Pest Management Program shall be used by licensed applicator, to control insect infestations.
- Edging- trim around all plant beds, curbs, street, trees, buildings etc. and remove debris immediately, as needed.
- Fertilization- plant beds, shrubs, woody ornamental and ground covers shall be fertilized twice annually at recommended rates.
- Mulching- beds shall be maintained with three inches of material specified.
Landscape Maintenance (non-golf course)
- Clean Up- clubhouse and parking areas shall be policed daily for trash and other debris.
- Weed Management- plant beds and three rings shall be maintained virtually weed free using both chemicals applied and mechanical controls.
- Insect/Disease Management- Integrated Pest Management Program shall be used to control insect infestations.
- Fertilization- plant beds, shrubs, woody ornamentals, and ground covers shall be fertilized twice annually at recommended rates.
- Flower Beds- clubhouse entrance and containers shall be planted with appropriate plant material.
- Mowing- mowed a minimum of once a week.
- Irrigation System – Yearly inspection of the entire system shall be conducted and necessary repairs made.
- Sprinkler Heads – Routine inspections will be conducted and necessary repairs made.
- System Failures – Daily inspections of the golf course will be made to locate any pipe ruptures and immediate repairs shall be made.
- Pump Station – A professional irrigation pump technician shall conduct an annual preventative maintenance service to all pumps, control valve, and control panel. Maintenance staff shall conduct daily inspections of the pump station and maintain records on water usage and pump failures.
- Pump station shall be cleaned weekly.
- Drainage – All drain grates shall be kept clean and free of debris.
- Damage/Debris – Paths and bridges shall be maintained clean and free of debris. They shall be routinely inspected and damage repaired.
- Edging/Limbing – All overhanging limbs shall be trimmed up above ten feet. All curbs shall be edged on a biweekly basis.
- Paint/Decking – Bridge railings shall be painted on an annual basis and decking shall be kept in good repair.
- Fences – Routine inspection shall be conducted and immediate repairs made.
Contact us today for golf agronomic specifications!
Hire a Landscape Designer for your Course to Improve its Playability and Desirability
Even though it’s recommended that you try your best not to judge a book by its cover, or a course by its facility landscaping, it’s impossible to overlook the value that the first impression of your course is going to make on players and whether or not they decide to return after their initial round.
The overwhelming majority of people that own golf facilities spend the bulk of their time and their budget on beautifying the actual course itself, and it’s easy to understand why. But when you shift some of that focus on to the beautification of your facility landscaping (your non-golf course areas), you’re going to see a big boost as far as new businesses concerned – and repeat business should go up as well.
The real estate industry understands the value of “curb appeal”, and because the golf industry is so competitive you need to make sure that your course is putting its best face forward as well.
By improving the landscape of your facilities (by taking advantage of the best landscape maintenance services available), you’re going to be turning your golf facility into something really special, something that stands head and shoulders above the competition, and the kind of “must visit” golf attraction that stands every chance of succeeding here in South Carolina.
Choosing the right facility landscaping service provides for effortless results on your end
Of course, the best facility landscaping results are only going to be possible by choosing to move forward with the best commercial landscaping experts and landscape services that understand EXACTLY how valuable these results really are.
A lot more goes into dressing up the facility than just cleaning up the lawn in front of the clubhouse and sweeping the parking lots. You need to put a lot of effort into building the kind of first impression that you want your players, your members, and your guests to have, and you want this impression to be as beneficial to your bottom line as possible.
We are happy to partner up with your golf facility
When you choose to take advantage of our facility landscaping services, you are going to be able to dramatically improve not only the look of your course but also its potential to lure away players from other facilities that do not have the same kind of focus.
If you would like to learn a little bit more about how we can help you when it comes to landscape maintenance services, commercial landscaping, and really dressing up your facility, just contact us at your earliest convenience.
Bunkers (and Other “Traps”) Play an Important Role on All Golf Courses
There isn’t a single golfer on the planet that relishes the idea of trying to hit a “fried egg” out of a bunker.
At the same time, there is a reason (hundreds of reasons, probably) why golf course architects include bunkers and other traps on almost every course on the planet – to challenge players, to force them to think about each shot, and to really test their skills and abilities.
Bunkers are anything but an unnecessary detail on a golf course, and that’s why you’re going to want to make sure that your golf bunker maintenance is at the top of its game.
You won’t be able to find a single course architect or designer on the planet that doesn’t absolutely love throwing a couple of “pots of sand” around the green – usually right in the line of your ideal approach shot. There’s just something about challenging players in ways that both frustrate on misses and elate on pure shots that these ladies and gentlemen are crazy about.
But as much as these professionals enjoy designing bunkers, they are just as frustrated at the lack of proper golf bunker maintenance. Many feel like this is a forgotten aspect of proper course management, and a big reason why so many players despise landing in a trap in the first place.
Bunkers aren’t (and shouldn’t be considered) “waste areas”
Though there is a temptation to consider bunkers waste areas, nothing could be further from the truth in 99.99% of all circumstances.
Sure, if you’re running a “natural” course like Pinehurst this may be the case (and grounding the club in the sand wouldn’t be an issue), but most bunkers are designed as critical components of the course and should be treated as such.
It’s important to develop a regular golf bunker maintenance plan
This is why you need to be sure that your golf mucker maintenance plans are optimized for your course – and that they are followed out to the letter as well.
You may not have to tend to your bunkers quite as often as you tend to your greens or the fairway, but you are going to want to make sure that the sand traps are getting a lot more love than they otherwise may.
Contact us today for more information
To learn a little bit more about the value of proper golf Bunker maintenance, worn to learn how we might be able to help you with complete bunker renovation projects, simply contact us at your earliest convenience.
Fairway Maintenance Isn’t as Simple as it Might Seem on the Surface
There is a reason why most golfers will wish other players well by telling them to “hit it down the middle”.
Great golfers are able to hit more fairways than poor players, and you’re going to need to make sure that you reward great shots at your course with the best golf course fairway maintenance plans that you can draw up.
Approach shots are going to be completely dictated by the kind of lie people can expect from your fairways, and unless you want to really frustrate all of your players (more than the course architecture was designed to), you’re going to need your fairway maintenance to be picture-perfect.
You aren’t going to score well unless you hit more fairways
It’s going to be absolutely impossible for any type of golfer to score well at your course unless you make it easy for them to hit more fairways and reach the green in regulation.
This means that your fairways need to be dressed properly, they need to be cut appropriately, and they need to be maintained consistently. Players should be able to depend on your fairways playing the same across the course, regardless of whether or not they are spending most of their time in exposed to sunlight or living in the shade of strategically placed trees.
At the same time, golf course fairway maintenance is nowhere near as simple or as straightforward as it may seem on the surface.
A lot goes into the growing of lush fairways, and a lot more goes into cutting those fairways perfectly, repairing divots and “burn marks”, and clearly delineating between the fairway, the rough, and OB.
You need to trust a good golf course fairway maintenance team to get the job done right the first time around
For these reasons (and so many more) you’re going to want to find the best fairway maintenance team and specialists you can to get your course up to top playing condition.
You might not be all that interested in creating the same kind of fairways that they feature at Augusta (and may instead be looking for something a lot closer to the “new” Pinehurst), but your fairways are going to dictate everything from pace of play to the average score – and everything in between!
Give us a call!
To learn a little bit more about improving your fairway conditions and to answer all of your golf course fairway maintenance questions, simply reach out to us at your earliest convenience. We are here to help!
Irrigation Systems Keep your Golf Course Green All Year Round
A lot of people (outside of the golf industry) are under the impression that the beautiful lush and green courses that golfers play are somehow possible strictly because of the type of grass that is planted and mowed on the course – but that’s only a small part of what keeps of these courses looking gorgeous all year round.
Truth be told, irrigation systems (and golf course irrigation system maintenance) are usually the real secret behind courses that look fantastic even in the middle of the hottest summer heat and those that look dry, burnt, and almost unplayable.
Pretty much every major golf course in South Carolina takes advantage of golf course sprinklers and golf course irrigation systems, and it’s easy to understand why.
For starters, even though South Carolina gets a fair amount of rain all year round to keep things looking green, it’s impossible to predict when Mother Nature is going to deliver her next payload of precious water – and this kind of uncertainty just isn’t conducive to running a smart golf business.
On top of that, with an irrigation system (and a sprinkler system maintenance team taking care of things) you are going to have complete and total control over the amount of water and the timing of each watering.
This gives you a lot more flexibility when it comes to maintaining everything that your course has to offer.
You need to tailor your irrigation system to your course for best results
For obvious reasons you’re going to want to make sure that you tailor your irrigation system to your golf course. There is no such thing as a one size fits all approach to golf course sprinklers or their maintenance and repair process, which is why you need to make sure that you’re working with the best professionals in the business to help you get the most out of this technology.
Contact us today!
There are a lot of reasons to choose to work with the best golf course irrigation professionals and golf course irrigation system maintenance experts around, and we hope that you’ll take advantage of the services that we are able to provide.
To learn more information about everything that we are able to help our clients out with, simply contact us at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Investing in Landscaping is Always Going to Pay Off
If you want to learn about the lengths that a course like Augusta National is willing to go to keep their course looking absolutely incredible (especially leading up to the Masters), check out any of the resources online that speak specifically about the golf course landscaping efforts that they put into play.
We are talking about some pretty outrageous efforts to make sure that The Masters remain the premier golf event of the year, including rolling out mobile “sun lights” during the night so that the greens have every chance to repair themselves between tournament days.
Part of the allure of the sport of golf is being able to spend time in some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces on the planet
Investing in your golf course landscaping isn’t only going to pay off when it comes to the playing surface is that your golfers are going to enjoy, but it’s also going to add a tremendous amount of value to the local community and the real estate market.
Golf courses can be some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces in the world when they have been properly designed and landscaped. Give your community the opportunity to have a jewel in their backyard!
Prepping your golf course for any season comes down to smart golf course landscaping and maintenance
Golf course landscaping isn’t a universal approach by any stretch of the imagination.
There are a lot of different factors that are going to play a role in how you go about landscaping your course, including the changing of the seasons and specific weather conditions that you’ll need to address.
You are going to be in a daily battle (never-ending battle, at that) against Mother Nature and Father Time. Work with the right professionals to help you conquer both of these factors so that golfers can enjoy your course all year round.
Finding the right golf course landscaping contractor just became effortless
We are here to help you in any way that we are able to.
We are able to deploy the right technology, the right equipment, and the right expertise to help your golf landscaping efforts become as effortless as can be. If you’d like to know a little bit more about how we are going to be able to help, simply contact us today.
Finding the Right Tree Management Service
The sound that every golfer loves to hear when they take a swing at a golf ball is the sound of a pure strike. There is just something almost majestic of about really flushing a ball off the tee or off the deck, and it’s a lot better than the alternative – sculling a ball or bleeding a wage.
There’s also a sound that every golfer absolutely despises after they take a swing at a ball, and that’s the sound of the ball striking a tree (or several trees). It means that you weren’t able to hit the ball clean, it means that you weren’t able to land in the fairway or on the green, and it almost always means that you’re going to be adding a couple of extra strokes to your card.
Of course, there’s a reason why trees are on golf courses in the first place (and it’s not just to “break up the action”). You’ll want to bring the best golf course tree management to your course though to make sure that you’re maximizing the potential of each and every natural element on the grounds.
It’s going to be essential that you find the right golf course tree management service to assist you in not only selecting the right trees for your course, but also helping you strategically placed those trees and then make sure that they stay as happy and healthy for as long as humanly possible.
This can be a bit of a challenge.
There’s real value in choosing the right trees and placing them strategically on your course
It’s difficult because you have to understand that there are a lot of different tree varietals to pick and choose from, each of which are going to acclimate to the South Carolina climate and soil differently than one another.
On top of that, your specific golf course architecture is going to dictate and determine which kinds of trees you should plant and where – which is why you’ll want to have the help of the best golf course tree management professionals at your side every step of the way.
Here’s how we can help you with your golf course tree management
We are going to be able to assist you in not only choosing the right trees for your course (if you are interested in adding some), but we’re also going to be able to help you with the relocation and replacement of specific trees, the strategic removal of trees, and coming up with a game plan to keep all of your “permanent” features as healthy as they can be.
Contact us today!
To jump start this process, or to have any of your questions regarding golf course tree management answered, simply contact us at your earliest possible convenience.
Your Course Will Live and Die on the Quality and Designs of Your Greens
Even though golfers are going to take in the beautiful views and architecture that your course features (and they are definitely going to notice all of the traps that they need to avoid), the overwhelming majority of golfers – newbies and experienced golfers alike – are going to decide whether or not they love or despise your course based almost entirely off of the quality of your greens.
Remember, many of these golfers are only going to hit a driver off of the tee boxes once per hole, but they are going to be spending A LOT of time on the greens!
You need to make sure that your golf green maintenance procedures and systems are at the top of their game, and we will be able to help.
As we touched upon above, the bulk of the experience on your golf course is going to occur on your greens.
This means that they need to be in picture-perfect shape, but it also means that they need to be regularly maintained to keep a consistent playing field on each of the holes that your golf course features.
At the same time, golf green maintenance is maybe the most difficult part of owning and operating a golf course. You simply cannot afford to make any mistakes.
Here’s how we are going to be able to help you maintain picture-perfect greens on your course
There are a lot of different things we are going to be up to bring to the table when it comes to golf course greens maintenance procedures, including (but certainly not limited to):
- Helping you better understand the impact that Mother Nature has on your greens all year long
- Showing you how to take advantage of the local climate to maximize the quality of your greens while minimizing the work you need to do to maintain them
- Giving you all of the “inside information” we have been able to gather over 20 years of building golf businesses and mastering golf green maintenance so that you don’t have to waste any time transforming your greens into the star of the show
Contact us today!
At the end of the day, we are going to be able to show you exactly how to create the kind of golf experience that players from all over the world will be attracted to. There is a reason why people rant and rave about the greens at Augusta, after all!
If you’d like to learn a little bit more, simply contact us today.
The Entire Game Starts at the Tee Boxes
While most professional golfers (and just about every scratch golfer as well) would tell you that the game of golf begins way before you pull into the country club parking lot or step up to that first tee, and that it instead begins in your mind, the actual physical act of golf is ALWAYS going to start at the tee box.
You need to make sure that you knock it out of the park when it comes to golf tee box maintenance. This is where each player is going to begin their attack at each pin, and the quality of the tee box and the tee box area is going to dictate how well they are able to do exactly that. This is not something that you cannot afford to take lightly.
Because each and every single hole of golf is going to begin at the tee box, the area needs to be in as perfect a condition as possible.
Different players are going to have different ways to attack each pin; some are going to tee off with a driver and hope to really crush it, while others may choose to go with an iron or a hybrid “off the deck” or on a stubby to lay up short and then flop a wedge up tight.
Critical things you have to focus on to maximize your golf tee box maintenance
This is why the entirety box area needs to be in top condition, with all divots repaired, with all grass perfectly maintained, and with all loose tees picked up, removed, or placed in storage areas for those that want to fire off of stubbies.
The right golf tee box maintenance plan isn’t necessarily going to be as simple or as straightforward as just keeping the area mowed properly and free of debris. All players need to be accommodated, and that’s why you’ll want to come up with the right strategy and action plan to accomplish top level results.
Get in touch with us ASAP
If you would like to get answers to all of your golf tee box maintenance questions, would like to learn a little bit more about how we can specifically help you maximize your golf tee box solutions, or would like to hear about how we can help you specifically improve all of your tee box areas, just give us a shout at your earliest opportunity.